Wednesday 24 April 2013

Karen Hansen collaboration


The finished stool! 

Karen Hansen, a local designer living in Dorset makes contemporary furniture and sculptural pieces using sustainable materials with an emphasis on natural form. I was very excited to join forces with another designer with much more experience in the creative industry and who works in a completely different medium to me. I am drawn to her work because of her simple yet beautiful pieces that retain the woods’ original form and raw shape. In our design process it was important to ensure we created a piece that equally complimented both my fabric and her crafted furniture.

I am really excited to see how it looks with my cloth!

Here is a link to Karen's website for more details about her work: http://www.karenhansen.co.uk/

2 comments:

  1. Saw the stool last night and your cloth sets it off perfectly. I wish you well in your future career.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment. I really appreciate the feedback and will pass on your compliments to Karen as well. Hope you enjoyed the show!

      Delete